This Privacy Notice explains the types of personal data that FundStream may collect about individuals. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data and keep it safe.
The legal bases we rely on for collecting personal data
With effect from 25th May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation sets out a number of different reasons for which a business may collect and process personal data. These include:
- Consent – In specific situations, we can collect and process data with consent e.g. when an individual indicates that they want to be added to our marketing list(s).
- Contractual obligations – In certain circumstances, we need personal data to comply with our contractual obligations.
- Legal compliance – If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process personal data.
- Legitimate interest – In specific situations, we require personal data to pursue our legitimate interests as part of running our business.
When do we collect personal data?
- When an individual contacts us by email, post
- When an individual has given
a thirdparty permission to share that individual’s personal data with us.
- When we collect personal data e.g. names, email addresses, contact telephone numbers, which are publicly available on other company websites, as part of our market research.
- When we collect personal data e.g. ID documents, date of birth, as part of our due diligence process on the funds we represent.
What sort of personal data do we collect?
- We may collect a name, email, telephone number and/or the company that an individual works for. We may also hold the individual’s business address and position.
- Copies of documents you provide to prove your identity where the law requires this, e.g. for recruitment or due diligence purposes.
- Details about potential employees obtained from referees.
How and why do we use personal data?
- To perform the due diligence process on the funds that ask us for representation services.
- For recruitment purposes;
- To respond to queries, questions or complaints.
How we protect personal data
We will treat personal data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it, in accordance with our data security policy.
How long will we keep personal data?
Whenever we collect or process personal data, we’ll keep it for as long as is relevant for the purpose for which it was collected.
Who do we share personal data with?
We will never share your personal data with third parties for the purposes of marketing. We may need to share some contact information of our clients in the framework of establishing business contracts between the client and third-party service providers (e.g., paying agents, placement agents).
What are your rights over your personal data?
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- Withdrawal of your consent for use of your personal data.
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
- The deletion of your personal data.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner, or your local supervisory authority, if you consider that the processing of your personal information by us infringes the Data Protection Legislation.
If your personal information has changed or requires correcting, please let us know by emailing email@example.com so that we can update our records.
Opting out of receiving communications
FundStream and its service providers from time to time send communications, such as fund performance information, manager factsheet, general FundStream updates
Alternatively, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to be removed from some of or all our mailing lists.
If you have any questions
Email us at email@example.com or write to us at Praceta Outeiro da Vela 135, 2º Floor 2750-445 Cascais, Portugal.
FundStream provides independent investment solutions to professional advisors to suit their clients portfolio preferences. Our investor network of professional investors include: pension funds, family offices, fund of funds and wealth managers in Europe, Asia and South Africa.
160 City Road
London EC1V 2NX
+34 95 11 221 96
+34 95 11 221 97